Friday, September 11, 2009


Here's the finished product. The driveway finally looks pretty. I put the workers' picture in first, but this one landed on the top of the page, so it's going to stay here! Those little white things are fallen leaves.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here are the guys putting the sealcoat on our driveway yesterday. The weather cooperated - it was a perfect day - sunny and close to 80 degrees.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Friday, September 11, 2009 - Last Sunday, I spent 5 hours removing everything off the driveway and pruning all the plants, leaves and evergreens that were encroaching so that when the sealcoating guys came this week, they would have a clean slate to work with. They came, they sealed, they left. Finally, another task crossed off my list.

Yes, I sure do remember September 11, 2001. I wrote about it on andrew-jarrett.com in one of the old links. It was a day that looked exactly like today except for the fact that Andrew and Jarrett were still alive then.

That's how I mark time now -- before 03/03/03 and after. It may seem odd but I think the people who lost loved ones on 9/11/01 understand more than anyone what I'm talking about. Lives end - life changes.

Better get my skedaddling shoes on. later, djb

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home