Saturday, August 08, 2009


Here's my cherry tomato plant that got blown over by a big wind one day. I thought it got broken but it kept on growing because it was still attached to the main stem. oh boy!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yesterday, I harvested these three tomatoes off of the cherry tomato plant. If that isn't exciting and totally cool, I don't know what is. Awesome!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Saturday, August 8, 2009 - As I write these words, it's rainy, hazy and kind of dampish cool outside at about 8 a.m. We're supposed to get into the 90's this afternoon and tomorrow. Yikes!!!

As of this date, I don't hold out much hope for getting many full-sized tomatoes off of my plants that are growing in the driveway in their own flower pots and that hanging thing. It's been such a weird and wacky summer for trying to grow anything!!!! I'm still amazed that the cherry tomato plant was able to yield anything at all.

Although, the sweet potato vine that I've been growing for the past three summers is out of control. When freezing temperatures arrive, I trim it back, put it in the garage and apparently, it goes to sleep. Then, in the spring, it starts to sprout. It's actually getting kind of scary. boo!

Yes, you are right. I really should take a picture of it. Okay, I'll do that later.

My eye is bothering me, so I'm done here for now. see ya later, djb

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home