Thursday, September 10, 2009


Here's Marcos from US Waterproofing posing for a picture before he puts the "magic dust" in the ground to protect our house from seepage.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's Marcos pouring in the "magic dust" behind the hosta which have been seriously manhandled this year. The new air conditioning unit is partially visible on the right.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thursday, September 10, 2009 - Happy Birthday, Grandpa O'Malley! Happy Birthday to you!

I so very much wanted to write in here yesterday on 09/09/09 but that didn't happen -- at least today is a memorable day. Plus, we're getting the driveway sealcoated this afternoon!!

When I answered the door yesterday morning and was greeted by a smiling Marcos, he informed me that of course he knew where the problem with the small crack in the foundation was because he had been here 9 years ago when we first had it done!!! Say what?? OMG

I told him that it had worked perfectly for three years, then on the coldest day in January 2003, we had a gas leak. NICOR (Northern Illinois Gas Corp) came to our house at or about midnight to repair the leakage. They dug up the yard using a backhoe. Plus, they had to turn off the gas which keeps the house warm. That was a non-issue.

The problem surfaced when Andrew and Jarrett woke up the next morning and couldn't wake up. I still remember it quite clearly. They both dreamed about "some sort of noise" all night long. It didn't wake them up all the way but they didn't get a restful sleep. So, I let them stay home and sleep because I was also sleepy. What a hoot!

After the gas company disruption, I didn't notice leakage on the carpet downstairs right away but it started to happen intermittently. Not as bad as it had been previously but annoying enough for me to finally call US Waterproofing again.

Imagine my surprise when they told me that I'd only have to pay for a service call because it was still under warranty. What a top notch company. I've recommended them to everyone who might have a seepage problem. Only because what they do WORKS. Well, unless you get gas!

Gotta go. See ya later. bye, djb

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home