Wednesday, August 10, 2011


On Monday, August 8th, at 10:08 a.m., I saw the Elburn fire truck outside the computer room window.


After I took the first photo, a few minutes later, I took this one after the ambulance arrived at our neighbor's house. (note: He's okay now.)
-----------------------------------------------
Wednesday, August 10, 2011 - Okay, so on Sunday, the ambulance was on the west side of our house and Monday it was on the east side of our house. Yikes!!

I was afraid that our house would be NEXT. In fact, the way my blood pressure felt yesterday, I'm lucky that I didn't have to take a ride in an ambulance!

In the afternoon, I spent 5 and a half hours in the driveway cutting evergreens, moving pine needles out of the way, cutting flowers and more flowers, pulling flowers/weeds/grass, trimming the lilac bush and that other weird one that the June bugs like to eat.

All of this because I'm having the driveway seal coated on Friday... IF it doesn't rain. At least, I'm in the queue.

The entire time I was working in the driveway, I felt kind of woozy and weak. My legs felt really weird but I knew I HAD to get this done because the driveway sealer guys wait for no man.

All of sudden around 5:30, I realized that I might be feeling weird because of my blood pressure. Yeah, okay. When I checked it, it was 90 over 54. THAT was after working outside for five and a half hours? Seemed a bit low.

So, I drank some Gatorade - okay, so I gulped a bottle of it. Then, I ate most of a hamburger for dinner with LOTS of salt on it. Since I got the abscessed tooth business last week, I've been afraid to eat real food because of the pain. Apparently, I needed some sustenance, as in REAL food.

This morning, my blood pressure is 92 over 52. That's normal for me after sleeping. Now, I have to go out and mow the lawn because the lawn guy put weed and feed on it last week, then it rained and now it's cool -- so the grass is growing like crazy!!

And if the driveway is sealed on Friday, I won't be able to get out Juanita Querida on Saturday because it has to rest for a few days and who wants to get tar on their tires? Although a person could walk on it after 24 hours.

Note to self: go buy some Gatorade. right. see ya later --- I hope --- unless I drop dead. bye, djb

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home