Wednesday, July 27, 2011


This is what I encountered once I opened the drawer - a bee hive full of honey bees making honey.
--------------------------------------------
Wednesday, July 27, 2011 - THE REST OF THE REST OF THE STORY: So, after I sprayed the drawer with the entire can of spray, then waited for quite a while, I went back out hoping the bees were all dead, gone or dead.

When I opened the drawer to put it in a garbage bag, I encountered the above situation. WOW! There were still bees buzzing around. And these are the bees that sting me and hurt a LOT.

When Bob got home, he helped me put it in the garbage bag, but there was still some buzzing going on. Very scary. Don't like to get stung. ouch!!

Now, it all made sense. A few years ago, we had an underground bee hive that was discovered by a woodchuck. That was very weird. I have pictures somewhere. He dug underground and pieces of the hive were all over the yard.

So, I figure that it was some critter that smelled the honey and used his critter paws to open the drawer. How smart is that?!

Not sure why he took bites out of the seed packets but maybe he encountered some problems getting to the honey and figured that maybe some of the seeds were "special" and he'd get high. hahaa

gotta go. Not sure what to expect next. But I'll be in touch. djb

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home