Monday, July 11, 2011


This is the aftermath on the deck of the severe weather we had this morning. I know, it could be waaaaaaay worse.


When I took this picture, the wind was blowing at least 60 mph. For some reason, it doesn't show the sheets of rain coming down.
---------------------------------------------
Monday, July 11, 2011 - STORMY MONDAY!!!

When I heard that we were in the path of the severe weather this morning, I quickly put up my website (andrew-jarrett.com). Then, I went outside and moved most of the plants and vegetables.

I ran in the house to take my shower before the storm came. When I went in the bathroom, it wasn't too bad yet....when I came out of the bathroom about 7 minutes later, it was pitch black. Dark as night.

The wind and rain were hitting those tall windows on the west side of the house with such fury, that I went into the garage because I was afraid they were going to break if some sort of projectile hit them. It was kind of scary for a while.

From previous storms, I know what the trees look like when the winds are above 60 mph, and it was at least that much.

The scariest part of this whole day is the frog in the swimming pool. I do NOT like amphibious creatures -- not like the boys did. It must be some sort of joke Andrew and Jarrett are playing on me. NOT FUNNY!!! yucky!!!

There are a lot of tree limbs that took a hit and landed all around the yard and it appears that the star gazer lilies also took a BIG hit. (insert sad face). At least, the windows remained intact.

The other day, someone said, "We NEED the rain." I said, "NEVER, EVER say that because you don't know what you're going to get."

I do believe some people said that they needed rain in Florida before the THREE hurricanes hit in 2004. Be careful what you wish for, you might get it.

If I don't get too creeped out, I'll take a picture of the frog. yech. later, djb

P.S. And all of this occurred before 8 a.m. this morning. wow!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home