Monday, May 30, 2011


Here is the Rhubarb Crunch that I made this morning from my very own rhubarb.
-----------------------------------------------

Here's my Rhubarb Crunch after someone took a piece out of it. Oh yeah, that was me. "Life's short, eat dessert first!"
-----------------------------------------------
Memorial Day, May 30, 2011 - Before the very bad, severe thunderstorm hit (twice) yesterday, I cut some rhurbarb from the patch in the back yard.

It was too scary to make it yesterday, what with all the lightning and thunder and heavy downpours, so I made it this morning about 8 a.m. I haven't made it in 6 years.

The last time I made it was for Grandma Burkholder. She took a couple of pieces with her when she left our house for the last time and we never saw her alive again.

She totally enjoyed it. That was why I gave her the last two pieces. God bless Grandma. And God bless the ones who gave their lives for our country - we remember them on Memorial Day. Amen. ~djb

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home