Friday, April 01, 2011


This picture of the front yard was taken through the kitchen window with Bob's new Blackberry's camera. I love it!!
----------------------------------------------
Friday, April 1, 2011 - April Fool's Day!!

Yesterday, Bob sent me a picture of his office that he took with his new Blackberry. I couldn't believe the quality of the photo.

When he got home, I tried to take the above picture and failed. But he got it. The only reason I would get a different phone is to get one with a camera so that I can take a picture any time, any place, anywhere. What a great invention!

The reason I wanted a photo of the middle flower bed up above is to show the lack of dead grass out there. I spent two hours cleaning it. Well, part of time was spent chatting with my neighbor, Phyllis.

Whenever I go out in the spring, I see everyone. It slows down my yard cleaning progress BUT I get to visit with all the neighbors who are out and about. It's so much fun.

Since the kids are off school this week, she had two of her grandchildren with her. So, Grace and Ryan were riding their bikes and playing catch with a bouncy ball. Then, it was time for them to go back next door.

That's when I started picking up some of the millions of sticks that had fallen during the winter. Well, the next thing I knew, Gracie walked back through the shrubs and was also picking up sticks in my yard -- and of course, Ryan was following her lead.

It was so sweet. She just did it spontaneously. No one asked her to do it. I was so touched by her kindness. And such a good example for her younger brother. WOW!

When we took all the sticks back to the burn pile I made an interesting and weird discovery. The moles have built a freeway in the back yard. Ay carumba! More on that later. see ya, djb

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home