Tuesday, April 26, 2011


Left: two rolls of toilet paper before being downsized Right: two rolls of toilet paper after the shrinkage.
----------------------------------------------
Tuesday, April 26, 2011 - A few weeks ago, maybe as long as two months ago, I realized that the brand of toilet paper I've been using for years didn't seem to last as long as it previously had. And no, I wasn't using MORE!

When I buy a 12-pack, I can only put 8 rolls in the drawer in my vanity, so I store the other 4 up in Andrew and Jarrett's bathroom. All of sudden, I realized that I needed to check this out because something just wasn't right.

I put one of the old rolls next to one of the newer rolls and it was definitely shorter. When I put two rolls next to each other, it was considerably noticeable.

Here's the scoop from the package information:

Scott tissue - 1000 sheets per roll - unscented bathroom tissue

Former size:
One-ply: 4.5 x 3.7 inches (per sheet)
Total: 1382.4 square feet

NEW size:
One-ply: 4.1 x 3.7 inches (per sheet)
Total: 1257.6 square feet

So, I wasn't crazy! It's actually smaller with less square footage. And I just heard this morning that they're raising the price on toilet paper and coffee. Two of my favorite things. hmmm

How low can they go??????????? later, djb

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home