Tuesday, July 26, 2011


Here's the weathered chest that sits on the patio year-round and holds my plants in the summertime -- it was vandalized last night.


Here are two seed packets that were bitten by an unknown critter, so I guess I was critterized.
---------------------------------------------
Tuesday, July 26, 2011 - When I peeked out the door this morning, it looked like someone had rummaged through the green weathered chest that's been on the patio since Jarrett and I bought it at a garage sale many, many, many years ago.

Apparently, in their search for something (?), they tossed the seed packets on the ground. Interesting.

When I went outside and to take pictures, I could see "bite" marks on a number of the packets. They weren't real big bites so I'm not sure which critter to credit for the dirty deed.

But, interesting to me is that the critter was able to OPEN the drawers. WOW! That is a hoot and a half.

THE REST OF THE STORY... I took a few pictures this morning and tried to ignore it for a while. But this afternoon, I went out to clean up the mess. As I pulled out the drawer on the left side, wasps started swarming out of the drawer...

WHAT? That was weird. I'm not sure what variety they are because I didn't stick around long enough to do an entomological study.

Instead, I ran in the garage and grabbed my handy can of wasp and hornet spray and sprayed the crap out the drawer. That stuff sprays 22 feet so I didn't have to get close.

So, now there's a real dilemma because (1) what critter did that? and (2) how long have the wasps been living in that drawer and what is their intention?

This is really getting to be quite a wild and wooly place to live. see ya later, djb

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home