Saturday, August 07, 2010


A view of the sky one day a few weeks ago. It was an awesome celestial experience.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Saturday, August 7, 2010 - I'm still having problems with my Current Journal, so I thought, I'd just copy and paste it on here.

Friday, August 6, 2010 - As I went through my previous years' early August journal pages a few minutes ago, I realized much to my horror and dismay that I forgot to remember Elliot's birthday yesterday. No big surprise since I'm basically running on empty (that would be an
empty head, thank you)
. It all goes back to the problems with my eye....it's way, way, way beyond annoying!!!!!!!!!

On Wednesday, I got my blood drawn by Dr. Lee for the new batch of serum eye drops, and of course, it wasn't nearly as smooth this time as last time. That dream experience three months ago consisted of: painless needle poke --- 90 seconds later, she had ten tubes of blood. This time:
NOT so good - painful, slow blood...

When I went in yesterday morning to pick up my syringes, Tom
(the Compounding Pharmacist) told me that they didn't get as much serum as last time. He asked me if I drank enough water. Yikes!!! I had 8 bottles of water in 3 hours. If I had any more water, I would've exploded.

The anomaly could possibly be explained by the current summery conditions as compared to the springy weather in May, i.e., more humidity, increased perspiration and exaggeration and frustration. Or it could be as simple as having a higher platelet count which could possibly displace the volume of the serum (which is the good stuff). Who knows?? I'm crazy so what do I know!

Plus, I'm still having major problems with the andrew-jarrett website publishing to the Yahoo Server, and I don't have the energy or the strength to deal with it by talking to someone at Yahoo for an hour trying to figure out what's wrong because I've been there. Done that.
(Sorry for the cliche, but it's apt)

Their suggestions work for a short time and then they don't!! I just want to cry. Especially when I think of Chuck and then I think of Howard and Irene and Chris and Patrick and Stephanie and everyone else who loved him. It's so sad.

I won't be able to attend his Memorial Mass on August 21st because I'm pretty much confined -- kind of like house arrest. Can't get too far from the frozen syringes. It's a freaking bizarro-world existence. Gee, what's new there?

Of course, I just started the NEW serum drops and it does take some time for them to work. I'm so desperate, I want an immediate cure. Now. Right now. Yesterday, please. Thank you.

Words of Wisdom: Be thankful for your children who are alive and well. And if your children aren't here on the planet, God bless their souls and heal your heart.

Be thankful for your eyesight because not everyone can see and even people with perfect vision don't always GET it.

And always wear clean underwear, just in case. gotta go, djb

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home