Friday, June 04, 2010


This is the second Peace Rose to bloom this season. The first one was kind of a pale yellow so I wasn't prepared to see this gorgeous thing come out. It's quite stunning in person!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Friday, June 4, 2010 - A few years ago, I planted this Peace Rose because Grandpa Burkholder always liked them. I think I even gave him one for Father's Day one year.

As I said, the first one was mainly a light yellow with pale pink markings. It doesn't hold a candle to this one!!!!! It is so gorgeous that I can't believe a deer didn't eat it. Plus, it's very photogenic.

After I picked it, I sprayed it with water so that if there were any bugs on it, they'd leave. Although we have so many bugs around here, I suppose a couple more won't matter. haha

My eye is doing better. The pain is gone. My pressure was 16 on Wednesday (that is NORMAL). It appears that the epithelial layer on the cornea is slowly healing. Did I mention that the pain is gone!?!?!? However, today, it was itchy. I take that to mean that it's healing. Who knows? I never know from day to day what's going to be happening.

We're having weird tropical-type weather here. It can be cool in the mornings and warm in the afternoons, but today, it's relatively hot and humid. There are storms around the area but so far they haven't whacked us. I'm sure we'll get hit one of these times.

Gotta go. Hope you're having fun. see ya later, djb

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home