Friday, April 02, 2010


ONE YEAR AGO THE FOXES WERE IN THE BACK YARD ON DIANE'S BIRTHDAY (APRIL 9)...NO FOXES THIS YEAR.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Friday, April 2, 2010 -
Since I've been spending a LOT of time in the front yard lately, I get to see everyone who's out enjoying the nice spring weather as they walk around the block and stop and chat for a while. This past week, our neighbor, Bob, told me that Glen didn't have any foxes under his shed this year (insert sad face). He thinks it's because of the coyotes that are roaming around in the woods looking for trouble!

Of course, I haven't seen any foxes either so we were wondering if they were even around this area any more. Rumor has it that the coyotes murdered our cat Snowball. I know it's true because that's the rumor I started. See how that works??

Anywho.....yesterday I had lunch with the girls and Brenda told me that there were baby foxes near the woods by her neighbor's shed. (Brenda lives across the street from us). Apparently, the coyotes or the dogs scared the mama so she moved the babies over to Brenda's shed for a while. Bad news though, she's also seen the coyotes -- and a skunk. OMG Alert!!

It appears that Mama Fox has moved the babies again further into the woods. Although it may have less to do with threats than some sort of internal, maternal instinct GPS because last year, our mama moved her babies on Diane's birthday, April 9th. (early Happy Birthday to my Seester!).

I'm just glad to hear that we still have some foxes in our neighborhood. They're so gorgeous and amazing to see in person. Almost forgot -- another animal adventure -- Brenda saw about 20 deer grazing in the field near Hwy 47 last week. Now that I think about it, let's get her a camera so she can take pictures of all these critters!!!

Better go get some more coffee. Coffee good. see ya later, djb

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home