Sunday, February 28, 2010


You're looking at this black space thinking, "what in the world?" This is the picture I took out of the kitchen window at 5:52 a.m. CST this morning.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After doing some magic to the above photo, this is what I was trying to get a picture of -- mama deer eating the bird food in the front yard.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sunday, February 29, 2010 - As is my custom, I always look out the window in the morning -- maybe it's an instinctive response - looking toward the east -- or maybe I'm just wondering what the weather's like.

This morning, I was greeted with the sight of this beautiful deer standing calmly alone by the bird feeders eating the seed on the ground and then tilting her head up to eat more seed from the log cabin shaped feeder. I was thrilled!!!

For the entire winter, I've seen deer tracks in the snow but have never seen the elusive creature who left the impressions. How exciting to see her standing there. She was alert but not skittish. After a while, she apparently had her fill and slowly walked toward the west.

What a great way to start the Full Moon day. Wonder which moon it is? Hmmm. Better go check on that. see ya later, djb

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home