Sunday, January 31, 2010


This is a Plano tool box. It's actually quite large but not too awfully heavy.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sunday, January 31, 2010 - Yesterday afternoon, Bob went in to see Avatar. I passed for a variety of reasons -- the main one being that I wasn't hungry for movie theater popcorn.

So when he got back from the movie, he wondered where I wanted to go to eat. Rosita's? Okay. Then by the time he came back downstairs, he decided that he'd rather just go to Blackberry since it's only a mile from our house. I didn't care as long as I don't have to do dishes.

As we drove into the parking lot, there were quite a few more cars than normal but our usual spot was open so we weren't too suspicious that something strange was going on inside!

When we walked in the door, it became instantly apparent that there was an event occurring that we didn't know about. It was a raffle for the Thunder. They're a softball feeder team for Waubonsee Community College. oh my!

It was quite the interesting event. They had 28 different raffle packages. One of the favorites (on the list four different times) was a 12 pound Ho-Ka turkey with a bottle of wine. Of course, we have a family connection to Ho-Ka. Aren't we somehow related to someone who's related to everyone else around here!?! Short answer: yes

The second item being raffled was a Plano toolbox. That's the one thing I wanted but we hadn't bought any tickets yet so I missed out and Tracy (who works at BBI during the day) won it. I was sooooooooooo jealous. Not really THAT jealous but it was the one thing I could use.

So, we finally bought a bunch of tickets. I put a few in for a flat iron package. It has something to do with straightening hair and stuff like that. I don't even use a hair dryer but I wanted to win it. Guess what? I did. I NEVER win anything at raffles but I won a flat iron and a bunch of hair products in a nice little basket.

After I picked it up and walked by Tracy, she said, "Oh, I wanted that so much."

I brought it back to our table and I said to Bob, "I'm going to trade this for Tracy's toolbox."

I walked over and said, "You want that flat iron thing?" YEAH. Okay, trade me your toolbox and you can have it. WHAT? For real. Yeah. So, we made the trade. We both got what we wanted. How hilarious is that?

That's the picture up there of my new toolbox. It doesn't have a lot of tools in it - which is fine. For some reason, it has a bunch of clamps and wire snippers. But I don't care. I have a lot of tools that would just love to live in that box. In fact, I'm going to put my pink hammer in it as soon as I get organized.

You just never know what's going to happen. see ya later, djb

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home