Monday, January 18, 2010


Here's a picture of the frost-covered trees across the street yesterday morning. It must be some of the woods in that new movie, Avatar. Pretty cosmic.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Monday, January 18, 2010 - Late this morning, I had planned to drive into Elburn. It's a good thing I didn't go because, all of a sudden (and that's how it always happens) my vision started getting a blurry thread across it which I ignored for a moment. Then, I realized what was happening...

...optical migrane.

If you've never had one, it's hard to explain but it involves bright threads of light (kind of like a string of white Christmas lights) that are flashing when you close your eyes but they're also flashing when you open them, too. It's just does NOT go away on its own. You can't wish it away because I've tried that in the past.

My standard protocol is to grab a handful of Advil and go to sleep for two hours. At first, I always see the flashing strings but then I go to sleep and when I wake, they're gone.

It has absolutely nothing to do with my other eye problems, and it's not a detached retina. I've had this happen to me for the last twenty years. You can't predict it. You NEVER know when it's going to happen. But it's very disturbing and very creepy. It's like a seizure in your eye.

It's been almost an hour since I woke up and I'm finally starting to feel less feeble. Wait a minute, I just realized that this is the third weird (rare) medical problem that I've been plagued with in my life. How utterly bizarre. later, djb

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home