Tuesday, January 05, 2010


This is a photo of my bottle of Dorzolamide HCl/Timolol Maleate, aka generic Cosopt, that caused the pressure in my right eye to go from 18 to 32.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Tuesday, January 5, 2010 - When I started taking this nasty stuff on July 29, 2009, I was so concerned and leery that I actually wrote the date on the pharmacy bottle that it came in.

It didn't become a problem at first, and I took it for approximately 3 weeks. The evening of August 17, 2009, my eye finally couldn't take it anymore and started a downward spiral (actually an upward spiral) from which I've never really recovered.

Right now, I'm taking two separate drops that mirror what is in Cosopt and it keeps my pressure at a constant -- around 20. That's not particularly ideal but at least it isn't fluctuating wildly.

Yesterday, I talked to a young man from the FDA (Federal Drug Administration). He was calling in reference to the complaint I registered with my Pharmacist on September 5, 2009. Gee! Only took FOUR months!!!!!!!!!

Very nice young man. He was wondering IF I still had the offending bottle of nasty drops. Of course, I do. Although at first, I did throw them in the garbage only to later retrieve them "just in case" I needed the evidence.

Apparently, the drug company wants the bottle, and they will contact me to retrieve it by sending an SASE so that I can ship it back to them -- gladly!!! However, I wonder why the FDA doesn't want it so that they can test it and see what's wrong with it???

Maybe that's not in their business model. It does seem counter-intuitive to give it back to the perpetrators. Of course, I'm just a citizen, what the hell do I know!

If I had been smart, I wouldn't have taken it in the first place. I would've listened to my inner voice -- "Don't take it. Don't touch it. It's BAD."

I smell fresh coffee. Gotta go. bye, djb

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home