Saturday, December 26, 2009


This is the front of the top I wore yesterday to Julie & Clyde's house. I bought it at Beall's in New Smyrna Beach (Florida) when Diane and I were waiting for Marc to get set-up to play at the brunch. I love flamingos.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Saturday, December 26, 2009 - Happy Birthday to Uncle Ron. Of course, many of us recall that we stayed at Grandma & Grandpa Berg's house the night our new baby brother or sister was being born because Daddy was at hospital pacing -- maybe smoking a cigar.

The memory is still clear...the phone rang at 6:30 a.m. in the morning. Grandma Berg answered it -- of course, she was already up and had half of her chores completed! I sat up in bed, excited and anticipating hearing the news that I had a new baby sister!

Downstairs, grandma's voice echoed in my ears, "Oh, it's a boy!"

I fell back on the pillow. Not another brother! (And Ron does know this story!)

Later, when Grandpa came back from the hospital, he told us that they had decided to name the new baby, "Oscar Ole." ----------what?

So, I wrote Mother a letter and told her that I was happy to have a new brother and it was nice that they had named him Oscar Ole. I'm sure he was a sweet, little baby. We'll see you both soon. (Although in those days, the mothers and babies stayed in the hospital for a week.)

Then, when Grandpa couldn't keep up the ruse any longer, he told us that he was kidding, and the new baby was going to be called "Uncle Ronnie." whew!

Gotta go. Enjoy your day. Happy Birthday, Ron. see ya later, djb

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home