Saturday, January 16, 2010


SAD PLANT STORY: Here's the red passion vine on Berg's fence in the back yard. When I originally planted it, Grandpa dug the hole and I put the plant in the ground. It froze last year and has frozen again this year.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another SAD Plant Story: Here's one of the crotons that lives in the living room during the winter. You can see he's getting new growth because he was forgotten but NOT frozen - although you can see the snow outside so it's a good thing that he's not out there.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Saturday, January 16, 2010 - While I was in Florida in November, Bob kept all of my plants alive. When I got back, I apparently didn't give this guy enough water. He and his brother Croton do sit near the hot air register so they dry out fairly quickly.

One day, I looked over and ALL of his leaves were drooping down. I practically had a breakdown myself. So, I gave him water and CPR. Then, once he gained strength, most of his leaves fell off. It was quite a sight to see. I should've taken a picture.

Anyway, I've noticed in the past week or so, that he's getting new growth. It's very exciting because I felt SO bad about forgetting to water him and causing him distress.

When I saw the crotons this morning, it reminded me of something Grandma said last night about their plants in Florida. Frozen. Dead. Ugly. Sad. Pitiful. It's just wrong when the tropical plants freeze in Florida. It's not supposed to get that cold down there.

At least, maybe some of their plants will come back. Pretty sure that the red passion vine will not have survived. Wait a minute. I took a picture of that when I was down there. I'm going to go and find it and put it up above. see ya later, djb P.S. That's what I did.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home