Tuesday, January 19, 2010


Here's Jarrett's in-line skating helmet that I keep on hand in case a tornado warning is issued for our area.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tuesday, January 19, 2010 - It's not nearly as cloudy this morning as it has been - still below freezing but certainly not brutal. They're still talking about freezing fog. yikes!

The reason I put Jarrett's tornado warning helmet in as the picture today is because I just heard about an earthquake near the Cayman Islands (and I want to sing the song that's in their commercials, for some reason - must be a worm).

Since we've all become "instant news" junkies, I looked around on-line and didn't find anything about the most recent earthquake. I'd just heard it on the radio (old fogey technology). Plus, last night both mother and I had heard about earthquakes near Guatemala and Argentina. Or did we? Couldn't find much about them either.

Finally, I did a search and found one of the scariest websites I've ever seen - it's to the USGS (United States Geological Survey). Here's a link to the most recent earthquakes in the WORLD:

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/recenteqsww/Maps/region/N_America_eqs.php

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/recenteqsww/Maps/region/N_America_eqs.php

(if the link up above doesn't work, here's a plain one)

You will NOT believe it. It's unbelievable to realize that all of this shaking is going on in the world and we don't even know about it unless it's huge and devastating. Check out Yellowstone. What's going on there? This is very strange. later, djb

1 Comments:

At 10:03 AM , Blogger DianeMarie said...

Hunker down!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home