Saturday, March 20, 2010


Here's a photo of two of my most flowery African violets together. All I do is water them and they grow like weeds and flower like flowers. It's amazing!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's the bird's eye view of the pinky one of the African violets - it's so gorgeous in person that it looks FAKE.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's me on St. Patrick's Day (I used one of my effects to make me look less weird). My amigos at BBI gave me the hat! Happy St. Patrick's Day to me.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Saturday, March 20, 2010 - I've already spent a good portion of this morning looking for Tom Skilling's detailed explanation of the meaning of EQUINOX. And I can't find it!!!!!!!!!

Equinox means equal nights. It does NOT mean equal days and equal nights. The equal nights part means that at one particular moment/second/nanosecond in time, the nights in the Southern hemisphere and the Northern hemisphere are EQUAL in length. That's what it means.

Back in the old days, I used to say that the vernal equinox meant that in the springtime, the days and nights were of equal length. They are close, but not equal. Equal means the same. Not approximate. That's what the = (equal sign) means. hahaaa Okay, I'll get off my soapbox now.

Maybe I'm a little bit crabby because my right eye has been bothering me ALL week. Okay, all month. I'm slowly going crazy....back in hell again. It's a nightmare. Very uncomfortable. Very annoying. Very blurry. And to top it all off, I saw two of my ophthamologists last week. Apparently, no one heard me say, "my eye stings, I have dull pain and it's blurry." Yeah, but your pressures are good. GIVE ME A BREAK!

.....and to top it all off, my flowers are getting covered with 3 inches of snow.

Ain't life grand! ~djb

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home