Wednesday, May 19, 2010


Finally got a clear close-up of this columbine. They are so sweet and delicate. I must've taken 20 pictures of this particular flower before I got it right.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wednesday, May 19, 2010 - We do have a nice forecast for today - sunny, 70's, no rain! oh boy! There are SO many projects that I have to complete out in the yard or maybe I should say yards -- front yard, side yard, back yard.

On Saturday, I had to mow the grass because it just keeps growing - grass is like that. Probably should've done it on Friday but I didn't. So, that also happened to be the day that I put my serum eye drops in EVERY hour for no reason other than Dr. Lee and I both had that idea so why not try it.

Have you ever had to do something EVERY HOUR. When you're busy, that hour goes by very quickly. After I finished mowing the front yard (started at 11 am), I came in to take a break and lo and behold, it was about one minute before noon. WOW! Time really did fly by....

After doing that every hour thing with the drops, I changed course the next day and went back to every two hours. Easier to manage.

The one thing I've noticed is that the pain has gone away. That's HUGE!!! I've been in pain for so long that it just became an integral part of my daily life. Trying to ignore it or wish it away never seemed to work very well -- okay, not at all.

Since I'm very superstitious about saying anything positive about how I'm doing vision-wise, let me just say this: I'm not in pain. Every time I go one step forward, the next day, I slip two steps back. It's been a painful, rocky road that I have to travel alone.

No one understands how it feels. When I say that it's like having a toothpick sticking into your eyeball all the time, that might elicit some sympathetic responses but no one knows and I certainly wouldn't want anyone else to go through this because it's been hell on earth.

Wait a minute, I've been in living in hell since Andrew and Jarrett died so I guess it's just a continuation of that nightmare. Do I sound depressed? I'm not. Unless I'm clinically depressed and then that would be the norm so how would I even know any different. Interesting to ponder...

Better go. It's almost 9 o'clock and that's time for my drop. SEE ya later, djb

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home