Friday, July 30, 2010


HERE WE GO AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Friday, July 30, 2010 - It's the last day of July. WOW! Who knew that day was going to get here so fast.....apparently, my right eye did.

When the serum eye drops were magically made from my blood on May 5, 2010, they were supposed to last for 90 days. It's now obvious that my OLD frozen blood didn't get the news.

The most recent problems started on Sunday, July 18, 2010, which I attributed to attending a retirement party for our neighbor, Steve, in Elburn at the American Legion hall for 3 and half hours on Saturday. (Something different, out of the ordinary....not my normal routine, etc.)

After a few fits and starts, I FINALLY figured out that the serum drops had lost their efficacy because of the well-known degradation properties over time of blood products. Bob even sent me an article about it (not specifically regarding serum).

As I write these words, I AM IN PAIN. It's not as excruciating as the shingles, but it's pain and it hurts. Plus, it colors every other experience with a grey hue. I seriously want to scream!

This coming Wednesday, I'll get my blood drawn again by Dr. Lee. Then, Tom Densen, the famous Compounding Pharmacist, will use a centrifuge and separate the yellowish serum from the red parts of the blood. He'll add some saline to it and put it in those little syringes which will be frozen for use by me.

I CAN'T WAIT. From the time I get up on Sunday morning, until noon on Wednesday, I'll be eating and drinking as healthily as I possibly can. Interesting that my deck tomatoes are now ripe and they taste JUST LIKE TOMATOES.

bye....gotta go put a drop in my eye. see ya, djb

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home