Monday, October 11, 2010


On my birthday (that would be September 30th), I tried to find this card that Andrew made but I couldn't locate it...


...then I remembered that I put it on here last year, so I was able to find it. And once again, it made me LAUGH!
------------------------------------------------
Monday, October 11, 2010 - It's another fake holiday today. You know it's a manufactured holiday because the Stock Market is OPEN.

The bond market is closed. I suppose, because that's related to the government -- which is also closed. And whenever the government is closed, that isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Do I sound like a crabby American public? Or a crabby voter?

If I were on Social Security, I might be crabby. Instead of giving billions of dollars to greedy banks and bankers, the old people (of which group I will soon join) get zilch, zero, nada COLA increase! Not a smart move. Elections are coming up soon and we tend to vote early and often -- especially in this state!

Not that we have very good choices here in Illinois - because we don't!! It's actually a choice between worse and worser in most of the races. Manipulate and brainwash the masses to believe every negative piece of propaganda about your opponent. It's way beyond annoying...it's downright intrusive.

Do any of these individuals who are acting like whores (Webster's definition: those who seek that which is immoral, idolatrous, etc.) realize that one of these days, they will be held accountable for their greed and their lies? Or maybe they see themselves as above the law?

It's discouraging to say the least. I'm pretty much an Independent voter -- always have been. Last time we voted for governor, I voted for Judy Baar Topinka (R) because she was a woman and played the accordian and primarily because she was NOT Rod Blagojevich (D).

Some people just vote their party affiliation without doing any research but I look at the person behind the label. Mostly, career politicians are all the same: they've found a cushy job with excellent retirement benefits -- courtesy of you and me!

Have a great Columbus Day. We're once again having nice weather, with sun, warmth and a hefty sprinkling of BUGS. bye, djb

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home