Monday, September 27, 2010


Andrew's holding Kylie in the swing at Bill's house in Morris.
------------------------------------------------
Monday, September 27, 2010 - I put the above picture on my blog because I took it -- probably should have been on Andrew and Jarrett's blogger blog - oh well. We were having a get-together at Uncle Bill's house and everyone was there. Kylie always loved the boys. She was their little buddy.

Speaking of Berg History. I've been in touch for the past year with one of my faraway cousins who found Andrew and Jarrett's website while doing a search for Sarah and Ludwig Berg. He did extensive research on the Vold/Wald connection (that's my great-grandma Berg).

He wrote a book on www.lulu.com website which they print after they get an order. His name is Allen Wald. The book he wrote is called Wald Family Histories. If go to lulu and put in either his name or the book name, the info comes up and you can buy the hardcover book for $22.00. Just thought I'd put this in here in case anyone wants to do that.

I'm definitely planning to buy one. I'll also get one for Grandpa because it is his family history (also mine), and apparently the same history for a lot of people we don't even know! haha

Allen has been a dogged and determined researcher, seems very nice in his correspondence and is quite an intelligent guy. Well, what else would you expect from one of my relatives, eh?

You know the Norkses have always been quite adaptable. Sure, they have that darn Viking heritage (pillaging, plundering, etc.) to live down but once they were finished fighting and conquering, they settled down and pretty much chilled out and enjoyed life. Assimilation was the key to their happiness.

It's was in the 40's this morning. That is just NOT right. -djb

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home