Thursday, September 22, 2011


My front flower bed has been wiped clean by professionals -- not much left.
----------------------------------------------
Thursday, September 22, 2011 - When I looked back at the photos of how gorgeous my front flower bed was a few short years ago, it made me crazy at how out of control it had become!

I have NEVER cut down the flowers or the grasses in the fall like a lot of people do because I want something for the birdies to sit on and eat in the fall and the winter....

...however, it became so weed infested that I couldn't take the ugliness any more. I pulled so many weeds so many times and cut down so many wild weed trees that I thought it would be okay this year. NOT even close.

My plan now is to dig out the numerous weed trees which have roots that go all the way to China. I really need a sharper ax but then I thought about it....probably not a good idea in my hands.

Plus, I'm going to have to kill some flowers to also kill the weeds. But maybe then I can actually walk through the garden. Oh yeah....and mulch heavily in the spring.

Also want to plant some more hearty tulips and daffodils this fall in the spots in the garden where they disappeared over the years -- through disintegration or critter theft.

Gotta go. It's ALMOST fall. see ya, djb

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home