Sunday, September 11, 2011


9-11-2004 - 9:18 a.m. - Andrew & Jarrett's memorial pond had just been completed.
----------------------------------------------
Sunday, 9-11-11 - Here's what I don't understand... people only seem motivated or interested in celebrating BIG if an occasion has a zero on the end, e.g., 10, 20, 30, etc. (exceptions are made for 25, as in silver anniversaries).

This has driven me crazy for a very long time. Was there a law passed when I was out of the room? I remember last year, when Grandpa and Gladys turned 90. That was a HUGE deal. And living to 90 years is incredible and should be celebrated.

However, isn't turning 91 a BIGGER deal plus ONE ???

Where in the world did this mind set originate??? Is it because we have 10 fingers and our number system is base 10? Is it because we have a special word for ten years: DECADE?

If you find out, let me know. Maybe it's because I always thought birthdays were important so I made them festive and fun for the boys. Not ever imagining that my special parties for them would end forever. (You get to eat whatever you want.)

Now, I get to remember the anniversary of their deaths. Each year, I remember them (well, each day, all day, every day) specifically on March 3rd.

If I had to wait until 10 years after they died to always remember and never forget....wow! That would suck. djb

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home