Friday, June 19, 2009


This was an old, hard to see photo but it has all five Berg kids in it. Left to right: Everett, George, Gale, Gladys and Russell. Not sure of the year but I bet my dad remembers!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Friday, June19, 2009 - This morning, Granny called to tell me that Uncle George died at 2:00 a.m. this morning, PDT. He was perfectly lucid until the very end. Isn't that simply amazing! It was just like he closed his eyes and went to sleep. God bless him. And Uncle George, if you read this, "Say hi to the boys!"

We live so far away from them. They're actually fairly close to where Dr. Nick moved. Too bad I have never able to visit them in Washington. It sounds like they have quite a busy household, what with the canning and freezing fruits and vegetables. They did not just sit around - ever.

We're all concerned about Aunt Helen, though. When she and Uncle George and Debbie came to Grandpa and Granny's 60th wedding anniversary in 2007, she still remembered me ("where's Donna?", she asked) and she remembered that I had lost my two boys. It was getting hard for her to remember anything for very long, but she remembered that. It was a mother's intense empathy for another mother. It touched my heart in a sweet and profound way. God bless her, too.

In fact, God bless all of my cousins, Debbie, Kris, Genie and Don and their families. I'm so sorry for their loss. Because their loss is our loss. It is sad.

I can't get it to put a picture in here right now, so I'm going to sign off because more storms are coming! I did put the pictures that I have of Uncle George on my andrew-jarrett.com website. Some of them have never been seen for decades -- they were in an old album. later, djb

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home