Sunday, September 23, 2012

Sunday, September 23, 2012 - Grandma Berg and I drove up to Hartland to see Grandma O'Malley after I had graduated from NIU.  It sounds like I also had gotten my teaching job in Aurora.
     Does this sound like a 91 year old grandmother?  She really seems fairly lucid to me.  We think she may have had pretty bad cataracts by the time she was at Valley Hi Nursing Home because she had a difficult time seeing people far away.
     But according to this letter, she knew what was going on.  The first two pages were written on either side of a folded note so the ink has bled through the paper through the years.  This note is 38 years old.  I came across it this morning looking for Steve's grade school photo...which I also found.  ttyl, djb
    

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home