Tuesday, July 31, 2012

A picture taken at 3:20 a.m. this morning toward the deck outside.

Tuesday, July 31, 2012 - For some reason, in the middle of the night, I heard the guy on the radio say, "there is a storm coming with possible 60 mile per hour winds."  Yikes!  That was at 2:45 a.m. this morning.  I immediately got up! Kane County was mentioned.
     After last week's disaster, I knew what I had to do....move my plants to a safe place.  It was still pretty warm outside and I just started toting them into the safety of the garage.
     Hmmm.  Did I make the coffee first?  Yeah, I think I did.  Just in case the electricity went out, I did NOT want to be without my coffee.  That would mean driving into town to go to McDonald's.
     The wind was blowing pretty good -- probably not 60 mph, and we did get some rain but not enough to make a difference in the drought situation....but every drop is welcome.  Okay, it's time to get some more coffee since it's just sitting up there waiting for me.  ~djb    


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home