Wednesday, January 12, 2011


The driveway this morning at 9:51 a.m. CST after I did a quick shoveling of the errant snow earlier. You can see that it is Garbage Day!
----------------------------------------------

The driveway last night at 5:49 p.m. CST - two hours and 19 minutes after I finished shoveling. Yeah, that's MORE snow on it!
----------------------------------------------
Wednesday, January 12, 2011 - So, after I finished putting the photo of my special carrots on here yesterday, I went out and shoveled the driveway for one and a half hours (1-2:30).

My legs were getting kind of wobbly so I came in for a break. Decided to call Bergs and tell them that we had snow (plus I needed to put up my feet for a few minutes).

Granny said that it was a bit chilly down there -- only 72 degrees. Say what? We'd love that. It was in the 20's here. Could've been colder but it was cold enough since I couldn't feel my fingers any more.

At 3, I went back out and finished up -- that took until 3:30. Of course, it kept snowing and the picture up above shows what happened to the freshly shoveled driveway. yikes!!

This morning, when I went out before 7 to clear a path to the road to take out the garbage can and recyclable bin, I went berserk and shoveled most of the driveway again!! This time, I had to come back in before I finished it all because I really couldn't feel my fingers. It was around 18 degrees.

I did what you're not supposed to do -- I ran HOT water over them to try and unfreeze them. Then, they tingled because they were getting close to frostbite. And I wear two pairs of gloves (really, really warm gloves) so I don't know why my hands always get so cold???

Anywho, it's exciting to have snow once again but now the sun is shining so I have to wear my sunglasses in the house. That's SOOOOO weird. snow and ice ya later, djb

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home